Within your Facebook ads account Instagram offers several campaign objectives that you can select from a pre-made list — and the objective you choose will influence how your ads are optimized and how you pay for them.
For example, if your goal is to get more followers, click-throughs on your ad will be less of a priority.
You may already be familiar with campaign objectives from creating Facebook ads. However, not all campaign objectives available for Facebook can be used on Instagram.
On Instagram, the campaign objectives you can choose from are:
- Brand awareness: reach people more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness for your brand
- Reach: show your ad to the maximum number of people
- Traffic: for clicks to your website or to the app store for your app
- App installs: send people to the store where they can purchase your app
- Engagement: get more people to see and engage with your post or Page. Engagement can include comments, shares, likes, event responses and offer claims
- Video views: promote videos that show behind-the-scenes footage, product launches or customer stories to raise awareness about your brand
- Conversions: get people to take valuable actions on your website or app, such as adding payment info or making a purchase