If you are looking to increase your organic search traffic to your website, you need to be at the top of your SEO game. Although, people tend to overlook one very important tool, Google image search. Image optimization is a crucial part of increasing your organic search traffic.
People using Google image search will often click on the image, which will take them back to your site where the image is hosted. So how much potential does Google image search have to drive traffic to your website? Some data suggests that having optimized images will result in more organic traffic through Google.
There are a few main steps to help ensure your images are fully optimized for the search engines. Follow these steps and you will notice more clicks to your site through organic search.
- Choosing the Right Image.
- Choose a Compelling, Relevant Image
- Make Sure Your Images Are Properly Sourced
- Uploading the Image
- Make Sure to Use Keywords in the Image Name
- When You Name Images Use Hyphens, Not Underscores
- Always Use Keywords In Your Alt Text
- Make Sure To Pay Attention to the Image Size
If this is something that you do not want to do yourself, Optimize 4 You SEO has over 15+ years of experience in search engine optimization.